At this point, First Christian Church evaluates Level – 3 of the Personal Discipleship Strategy and decides when they want to move into Level – 4.
Level - 4: From Resisting to Running
- Have a few leaders trained (4-6 weeks on Wed. or Sun. nights)
- Faithful men & women who will study and teach others (II Tim. 2:2,15)
- Host the Steps to Maturity Conference (1 to 4 day formats)
- Calendar – Pray, Plan & Promote the conference (Involve teams to help prepare)
- Have Discipleship Groups scheduled to meet after the conference(4-6 weeks)
- Trained faithful leaders will review, re-teach, discuss and answer questions using the same course workbook from the Steps to Maturity course (I Tim. 4:15-16)
Note: To complete all four levels of the Personal Discipleship Strategy would average about two years. (One level per semester) At the end of the two years, First Christian Church would have several Personal Discipleship Trainers that could repeat all four levels of the “NEW” strategy, to groups and individuals’ in discipleship. This strategy can be implemented & developed into an on-going, church-wide Discipleship Strategy to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ through Bible teaching, tools, and training, therefore achieving the goal!
<strat·e·gy> – a carefully devised plan of action to achieve a goal, or the art of developing or carrying out such a plan.
Personal Discipleship Strategy
I Cor. 3:1-3; Eph. 4:14; Heb. 5:12-14; I Peter 2:2
Global One Discipleship (G.O.D.'s Strategy) consists of:
- Training church leaders to be Discipleship Leaders
(Process of Four Levels)
- Church hosting one of our seminars / conferences
(Four different Events)
- Then those Discipleship Leaders leading individuals and or groups
(Over four semesters of discipleship)