How Can I Know For Sure I Am Going to Heaven?
- For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23
- God says that even our good deeds are unclean in His sight. Our good deeds can never pay the price for our sin.
- But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. Isaiah 64:6
- For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
- Because we have sinned, we all deserve to be separated from God forever. God hates sin because it separates us from Him; but, He loves us, the sinner.
- Heaven is a perfect place; therefore, no sin can enter there. Man must be perfect to gain entrance.
- And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life. Rev. 21:27
- For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8-9
- Salvation is only by God’s grace. Grace means unmerited favor or undeserved mercy. A gift is not earned or paid for, otherwise it would not be a gift.
- But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Romans 4:5
- For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 2 Cor. 5:21
- We have seen that we are all sinners and that the penalty of sin is eternal separation from God. We have also seen that God loves us and offers us the gift of eternal life. He requires only our belief, our trust in that payment.
- How could a holy God give eternal life to sinners? It is given only through His Son who died on the cross to make a full payment for all sin.
- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
- This verse does not say anything about you promising God good works in order to be saved. It doesn’t mention joining a church or being baptized or even quitting all your sinning. The word believe means to trust, depend, or rely upon.
- Will you place your trust in Jesus Christ to save your soul? To trust Him means to rely totally on Him, not on your own good works. Will you do this right now?
- These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. 1 John 5:13
- And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. John 10:28
- Eternal life is guaranteed by God: “In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;” Titus 1:2
God’s Simple Plan of Salvation
“These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may KNOW that you have eternal life…” (1 John 5:13)
Christ Died … That’s History
Christ Died For Me … That’s Salvation!
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever ________(your name)____________ believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
Friend, if you can sincerely put your name in the blank space above, on the authority of God’s Word, you can KNOW you have eternal life.
“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has (possesses now) everlasting life.” (John 6:47)
Would you like to talk to God right now, (in prayer) and thank Him for giving His Son (Jesus Christ) to die for your sins? That you now believe (trust) Jesus Christ alone as your Savior!
REMEMBER! It is not a prayer that saves you. It is trusting Jesus Christ that saves you. Prayer is simply how you talk to God…
“Dear God, I know I’m a sinner. I know my sin deserves to be punished. I believe Christ died for me (for my sins) and rose from the grave. I trust Jesus Christ alone as my Savior. Thank You for the forgiveness and everlasting life I now have. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”
If you are now trusting in Christ alone for your salvation—and in nothing else—you have become His workmanship, saved to do good works (Ephesians 2:10). You should read the Bible, tell others the Gospel, pray, and fellowship with other believers.